Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Little Devastating

So Matt and I did some research and decided to get an external hard drive to back up all Noah's pictures on. We purchased one a couple of weeks ago and last Monday Matt was planning on getting it up and going and backing up the pictures. Matt had to run a couple of errands that day, during which a crazy thunderstorm went through Hburg. That's right folks, our hard drive got fried. We were optimistic when the computer people said that they were able to retrieve some things for us. When we got the computer back (with a new hard drive) we found many of the pictures had been retrieved. Investigating further we have found that only the thumbnail versions of these pictures were saved so they are basically useless. Yes we had a good surge protector, that didn't help. Yes I had tried to upload the entire album to Costco a couple of times (for my mom to order prints) but was unsuccessful both times. Yes I have cried about this. I must say that I am SO grateful for this blog and for Facebook because at least not all our pictures have been lost. If anyone has any pictures of Noah, please please please send them to me. Now that is part of my excuse for not having posted in a while...but in reality, I've just been busy. We will be out of town again this coming weekend, but then life should settle down for a bit and I should be able to catch up. I do have all the pictures form July 4th forward on the camera...so I'll work on those soon.

1 comment:

  1. A lot devastating! I am so sorry. That is horrible. Thank goodness you have some on here and FB.

    We still need to plan our get together. Kelly is leaving in mid August....aaahh! let's plan something soon!

    ReplyDelete