Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Oh Mayn! What de heck iz dat?!"

Noah is such a trip these days.  He keeps us laughing a lot...and he's still just as sweet as ever too!  Don't get me wrong, he does plenty of whining (retribution I'm sure) but we have just been loving watching our little Noah become a little boy.

As is evidenced by the title of this post, he will pick up on everything we say...and repeat it in a super cute voice.  he says all kinds of crazy things and we've been trying to write them in FB or somewhere so we remember them.  He still loves being outside, especially now that we have some more neighbors with kids close to his age. Sufa (below) is 4 and just moved here with her family from Iraq.  Noah has actually tried to speak some Arabic on occasion (which is hysterical).
Noah has also gotten into looking for animals.  Especially when he has a flashlight!  He frequently finds tigers in corners and bunnies or frogs in his hand.  Oh, and speaking of the flashlight, he understands his shadow and thinks it's pretty funny too.  He tries to make shadow puppets sometimes (like his daddy does) - it's so sweet!
And he's into picking out his own clothes.  He will throw a fit if we try to put clothes on him that he didnt' pick out (shirts anyway).  He picked out that hat himself too.  And that's his new smile-for-the-camera face by the way.
I think that Noah was dancing in this picture.  He still loves to listen to music all the time and dances around like a maniac with it. 
We had gotten him a tricycle this summer and finally got a helmet and knee pads for him to use.  He didnt' want to take them off when we first got them...so we had to hid them.  And now that I think about it I have absolutely no idea where they are.  Sigh.
Any time it's nice out and Chloe is napping I try to let Noah have some Chloe-free outside time. It's just easier to play with him when I don't have to keep her from eating grass every 30 seconds...
Did I mention yet that his favorite color is orange?  No idea why, but if there's an orange item of clothing clean, that's what Noah wants to wear. 
He loves Chloe so much and has really taken to the role of big brother.  I came home from work the other day and Matt told me that Noah and Chloe had been wrestling.  Wrestling that's gentle (mostly) and that the kids love.  Below, Noah is about to gently lay Chloe on her back and then bub his head on her belly while she laughs hysterically and swats at his head with her little hands.  It's so cute...I'll work on getting a good video soon...
Noah has done amazingly well with the switch to his big boy bed.  He did have one day that he refused to stay in bed for nap.  He kept saying, "I'm awake Mommy," (so I made a mental note to next time save the cupcake for after naptime).  Anyway, after some disciplining I ended up putting him in his (now Chloe's) crib so he would stay put and sleep.  Of course every item on his bed had to come with him.  And that cup is water in case you were worried.
He's got big shoes to fill;)
I couldn't do a post about Noah without mentioning that he is still pretty car-obsessed. Even when we play with play-doh he ends up making a road with the play doh to drive trucks and cars on. 
This boy brings me so much joy every day.  I just wish he would stop growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment