Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alton Brown, Avocado and the ER

Anyone that has spoken to me recently knows that I have gotten hooked on the food network. This began when Noah was first born, and I spent most of my day nursing...and not able to maneuver to actually read while doing it (yes I tried - not worth the trouble). So I settled on the Food Network. There is a huge variety of shows and personalities to choose from, and there are so many things to learn. Since I've taken up this Food Network habit I have started pretending to be a gourmet chef (meaning I bought some Kosher salt to cook with (which does make a HUGE difference by the way - I no idea), and I've been using the big scary chef's knife for every day purposes). One day while watching Good Eats with Alton Brown I learned the proper way to pit an avocado. While I have used this method several times without incident, this past Sunday I had a little accident. The knife (not the huge chef knife - praise the Lord!) slipped and I cut my ring finger. Not too bad...but bad enough that I couldn't get my wedding band off...so I ended up having to get my ring cut off and 2 stitches to top it off. At least I know a good jeweler that can fix my ring. I must say that I was annoyed that I had to leave during some of my precious Noah time to go to the hospital for such a dumb accident. On the way I was really frustrated...then I realized how incredibly grateful I was that I was the one going to the hospital and not Noah. God is good!
Moral of the story: accidents can always happen no matter how much Food Network you watch.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD AND GRAMMIE!

2 comments:

  1. Geez, stitches? Bummer... How did you get to the ER with Noah!? That stinks- sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was on Sunday after church, so Matt stayed home with Noah. Could have been much worse...

    ReplyDelete