Friday, September 24, 2010

Bring on the tractors!

I took the kids to the County Fair for the first time this year. I was there with the kids (and no Matt) for a couple of hours before he was able to meet us there. I (unfortunately) decided not to bring the stroller in (Noah didn't want to ride in it so I put Chloe in the carrier). Normally that would be no big deal...but it was HOT that day. Chloe was so good though, she just looked around and took everything in. Seriously people...how is it possible that I am SO blessed?! Noah had a great time too...

First stop: Tractors!
If you know Noah, you know that he was having a blast getting to see all these tractors up close. Not to mention getting to actually touch them a bit. It was so great to see his excitement!
I had a hard time tearing him away...
...but I did manage to convince him to come look at the "amimals."
I just love seeing the kids experience new and exciting things for the first time.  The joy and awe that Noah had over seeing the animals...and realizing how BIG horses and cows are - it was so fun to see.  Such a great reminder for me to see God's creation for the amazing and miraculous thing it is.  Big lessons from my little man.
Noah also got to go on his first big kid ride.  He is growing up way too fast.  Sniff, sniff.  Sigh.  Okay, I know, I probably say it every day, but it just makes me sad how fast they're growing up. 
So, back to the fair.  I didn't get a picture of this...but Noah got to see his first giraffe up close.  That's right, there was a giraffe at our county fair.  Terrified might be too strong a word to use...let's just say that Noah was quite startled by the size of the giraffe and was not interested in getting very close.  He was on edge teh whole time we were close (there was a kangaroo, a monkey, and a couple of other animals in the same area that we wanted him to see).  He was just too anxious about the giraffe to fully enjoy the fact that he saw those other animals.  I wonder what he would think if we took him to the zoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment