Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yet another...

Photo dump. I really do want to get back to more regular posting. I just have this need to not skip things. I can't just start posting about something that happened today when I haven't posted a single picture of the entire last month. This will pretty much catch me up, so hopefully I'll be posting more regularly moving forward. August went by so fast. Chloe is so fun...and busy!  She started officially crawling this month.  It was the week of the 23rd. She would get on all fours and rock, but then sit back down.  By the end of the week she could crawl several feet at a time.  This has started a new phase in Noah and Chloe's relationship.  Noah has always been so great about sharing toys with her (for the most part), but it was pretty much always on his terms.  Now that Chloe can actually get over to a toy she wants to play with (which is almost always whatever Noah is playing with), Noah has a harder time sharing.

One day after Noah had said "no, my cars Chloe," I explained to him that she just wants to play with what he's playing with because she loves him so much - she really just wants to play with him.  He thought about that for a few seconds, and then took a couple of toys over to her.  It was such a sweet moment for him.
He probably says "No, mine" or some form of it over a hundred times a day. He's decided that being bossy is really fun too.  "No Mommy, go over there," "No Mommy, go that way," "No Chloe, that's big boy toy."  Sometimes Chloe will be 5 feet away, playing with a completely different toy, and Noah will start scolding her, "No Chloe, that's my cars!" (the cars were also 5 feet away from Chloe). You get the idea.  Fun new phase for us!!  But seriously, we still have the absolute sweetest boy on the planet.
Chloe is now taking baths with Noah - they both love it. 
Cheese face!
more sprinkler fun
Crawling!
Chloe likes to stick her tongue out...A LOT.  It's so cute!
A recent conversation I had with Noah:
Noah:  "Mommy, play cars with me"
Me: "Sure" and I pick up a car...
Noah: "No, that my car mommy"  And he grabs the car.
Me:  Explain not to grab and not to talk to Mommy like that.  I start playing with another car.
Noah: "No, that my car Mommy!"  And grabs the car again.
Me: "Noah, if you want Mommy to play cars with you you have to share cars with Mommy.
Noah: thinks for a few seconds, "Nevermind Mommy, Nevermind."

Pretty funny.  I had no idea he even knew the word "nevermind."   

No comments:

Post a Comment