Monday, May 19, 2008

Celebrating Mompy

I love it when things are more sweet than bitter. Two weeks ago my maternal grandmother passed away. She was really an amazing lady and had lived a very full life. She was probably without a doubt the greatest prayer warrier I will ever know and had such beautiful faith. Her passing happened pretty quickly...she was 88 but had been so healthy for so long that we really weren't expecting this at all. I think that's been the hardest thing for the family to deal with - the surprise. I have to say that I didn't even cry until the graveside service last Wednesday morning. I am so certain that she is rejoicing with Jesus...what is there to be sad about? What got me that morning was that Noah didn't get to meet her...and her faithfulness really puts me to shame. I guess she had 60 years on me, but more than that she was given such a beautiful gift of faith. She didn't know how to express love the way that most of us generally do...but the her love for her family was so evident in the way that she prayed. She really does put me to shame. So we celebrated her life last week. The Washington Post published a nice article about her yesterday, so for more on my grandmother check out this link. One of the blessings that came out of it was that Noah got to meet more of his family. Here we all are below.

Geoff & Rachel (newlyweds), Danielle & Matt (also newlyweds),Aunt Babe & Uncle Mark, Jake, Mom, Michael, Me, Noah and Matt

Noah loves his Grammie!!

Noah also loves Uncle Michael and Aunt Rachel. He was pretty enthralled by Michael...he knew that Michael is a pro with little ones (must have smelled Luke and Allison on him!)

Have I mentioned yet that Noah was AMAZING during the entire trip? Well he was incredible. We most definitely do not deserve such a good baby, but we thank God for him all the time.

Danny is even newer to the family than Noah. She married our cousin Matt last weekend and is already loved by all...and doesn't she look pretty with a baby in her arms?!

No comments:

Post a Comment