Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mommy's boss

One of the first and definitely the funniest gift that Noah got came from my boss. Mark isn't really much of a baby lover, in fact, I'd say he has a strong aversion to babies. My pregnancy was possibly rougher on him than anyone else (he would actually look nauseous sometimes when I said Noah was kicking). Mark told me early on that I should not expect him to hold the baby - no big deal, I completely understand that some people are just not baby people, truly I was not in the least offended. Mark was at a Bears/Redskins game (Bears fan) one weekend and had asked before he left about baby sizes, so naturally I though he may pick up a little Bears onesie or something for Noah. Well, turns out I seriously underestimated Mark. I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did when I saw his gift to Noah. Check it out.

It says, "I heart Mommy's boss" - and yes, heart is spelled out...so fun! In the card Mark wrote that he would consider seeing Noah while he's wearing it...but he actually held him! He acts tough, but in reality he's a big softie (don't tell anyone though, I wouldn't want to ruin his rep).

And since we're on the subject here are some of my friends from work. They pretty much all love Noah and wish I would bring him with me every day. Cassy (holding him in the pic below) is definitely the most smitten...

Cassy, Jessica, Kelly and Carolyn are in this pic, and its actually from early May (in case you were wondering why Noah looks younger there). Carolyn brought Noah a little present the other day for the upcoming holiday...but its' so cute that he's already worn it a couple of times.

So these pictures may look similar, but notice that in the picture above Noah is sitting back in the couch corner relaxing. In the picture below he has pulled himself forward because he likes to sit up by himself...without the assistance of the couch. Crazy - he's getting so big and changing so fast!

1 comment:

  1. that is the funniest onsie! what a clever guy. And i can't believe how much noah looks like his daddy in the bottom picture!

    ReplyDelete