Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Survived...

Well, I survived my first 2 long days back at work. To maximize my time with Noah (and minimize childcare costs) I've arranged my schedule as follows...

Mondays: Noah is with Matt, Lauren works 9-7
Tuesdays: Same as above
Wednesdays: Noah is with Lauren, Matt is back to work
Thursdays: Noah is with Dawn (mother-in-law) at our place, Lauren works 11-7
Fridays: Noah is with Hannah (friend) at her place (and with Robbie who is 4 - yea!), Lauren works 12-7

The schedule is still in its rough stages, and I do have some flexibility (thank you Mark, you're the best!) Matt and I did agree that since we both had the flexibility to work 4 longer days that we should do it so that one of us can be with Noah as much as possible. It's been hard, but I made it through my first 2 10 hour days...so I guess I can keep doing it. Monday was tough cause Noah was not happy for most of the day. It just killed me when I heard that and I felt like a bad mother for not being there when he was unhappy. Today was much better (we're attributing this to the fact that he took a good morning nap today and didn't take a good nap monday till 4). He was happy and Matt loved getting so much daddy time in. So I get to be home with my sweet boy tomorrow and am about to leave now (at 10:15pm) to go grocery shopping so that I don't have to waste any of my time with him tomorrow running dumb errands.

And now for a couple of pictures...this one is form last Saturday when we had Micah and stopped by the store to visit Matt. Noah wore his little basketball jersey shirt cause Micah got it for him - such a little man already!

He got his thumb, he got his thumb!

So precious! This little Mickey Mouse outfit is so cute...okay, everything is cute on Noah, but really, the little hood, so sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Lauren, I pray your switch back to work goes smoothly for you and that you will be filled with peace! How great that he is with people you know so well though.

    He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    Noah is too precious!!

    I will be praying for you as you have to spend more time away from him that you're probably wanting to.

    Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete