Monday, February 8, 2010

14 lbs. 24.5 Inches and Croup

Chloe had her 2 month check up today and weighed in 13oz lighter than Noah at this stage. It is possible that the weight difference is entirely in their head sizes. So the cough that became a bad cough over the weekend is a mild case of croup. It appears to be getting better so we're going to give her another day or two before giving her any medicine. The good news is that she didn't get any shots today because of it. The bad news is that she still needs shots, so I'll have to make another trip to the doctor once she's better. Sigh.

Oh, and remember how excited I was about her taking the bottle? Yes, well, she's currently downstairs screaming her little head off because she doesn't want it. At least she has figured out how to suck on it...that's step one. Now we just have to get her to drink more than 1/2 oz without turning into a "hornet." It's so sad. I have the big headphones on to try to block out the noise, but it's awful. I really want to go rescue my baby but I will not be doing her any favors if I always swoop in to feed her when she decides she doesn't want the bottle. Perseverance. We can do this. Or maybe I'll just take her to work with me every day.

2 comments:

  1. Well. You're a better woman than I :) I gave in and just took her to work with me. But I didn't have as much time to work with Sofi as you have, so GO FOR IT. I had to go back to work when she was two weeks old and she was not having the bottle thing! No way! So. She came along :) I learned to breastfeed and play violin at the same time. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the Nuk bottles - they are supposed to do well - my little girl likes that one!

    ReplyDelete