Monday, February 1, 2010

Success!!

I was starting to picture what my days at work would look like if I had to leave three times a day to nurse Chloe. That's how worried I was about her taking the bottle...or not taking it. It wasn't just that she didn't like the bottle...she couldn't figure out how to suck on it. She won't take pacifiers either. So after 4 different types of bottle, we found one that she takes.

The Medela bottles were what we primarily used with Noah and the Soothie bottles were back ups for him (they're what we first bought to ease his transition since the nipple is the same as the paci the hospital uses). Then we heard about Dr Brown's, but she didn't like that any better. I finally tried the Breastflow bottles (which did not exist when I had Noah) and after some stubbornness on Chloe's part, she figured it out.

You have no idea how happy this makes me. Yes, we spent some extra money on different bottles...and pacifiers too (just to try to get her used to having something other than me in her mouth). But praise the Lord that the stress of that situation is over!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I'm so glad these worked for her :) Aren't they weird looking, though? I've always wondered, are they hard to clean? With the double-nipple thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are harder to clean, but they're still dishwasher safe, so you know I go that route. I think I'd hate them if I had to handwash them.

    ReplyDelete