Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cherishing this time...

I started this post a couple of days ago now and have been waiting for Blogger to cooperate before actually posting it. By that I mean that I wanted to have another video and some pictures...but every time I try to upload something else it won't let me. So here it is folks...it looks long, but there's videos of my super cute kids at the end!

Matthew and I are so incredibly blessed to be the parents of Noah and Chloe. I am overcome when I think about how undeserving we are as individuals, but God in His greatness has redeemed us. Even entrusted these two amazing children to us. Such a gift...I've been busy soaking it all in...

I only have a few days left before I have to go back to work full time. As I'm sure you can imagine this is pretty difficult for me think about, but it's happening soon, so I have to deal with reality. This time I'm trying to focus on all the good stuff rather than wallow in self pity and guilt (although there is some of that - I'm human). I'm looking forward to having a reason to shower daily. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Noah and Chloe appreciate it that I have gotten to shower pretty much every day of my leave...but normally not till Noah's nap time, and even then I didn't really have to do it. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and coworkers again, free coffee, and Bagel Fridays (maybe even the occasional chocolate finding mission). I'm looking forward to seeing my boss with her almost ready to pop belly (she'll be on maternity leave a couple of weeks after I get back). I'm excited for Noah to be excited to see me. Yes, he's excited every day we spend together, we've been having a blast. But...when Matt gets home from work after being gone all day, Noah is just over the moon to see him. I guess I'm glad that Noah will get a chance to miss me again. I'd say that it will be nice to miss him too, but I've been missing both him and Chloe a little prematurely due to the knowledge of what's to come.

For everything I look forward to, there are many more that I'm almost dreading. I know, I can be a little dramatic at times, but that's really how I feel right now. I just want to be home with my kids. I've started crying now so to spare you I'll head in a more lighthearted direction.

In the past few weeks I've gotten into a good routine with the kids. This has become my new norm, and I've been loving it. There's been some crying and fit throwing (talking about the kids now, not me), but over all I have had many moments of true joy with my babies. Chloe is such a happy baby. She loves to smile, coo, and just watch all of us. She doesn't mind being alone for short periods and tolerates Noah's squealing and other loud toddler sounds very well. Noah is such a wonderful doting big brother. He's full of energy and has such a compassionate heart. He understands that I'll be going back to work soon and seems to be handling it pretty well. He does ask me to pick him up a lot (Praise God that I'm completely healed from surgery and can even run around holding him now!) and has been a little extra dependent on Mommy lately. Here's a peek into our day together on Thursday (or was it Friday??) In the first video listen for the noise Noah is making in the background...

The laundry area is Noahs new favorite place to hide. Doesn't really work too well for the purpose of hiding since he bangs on the washing machine while he's there, but he loves it. He is just so fun right now, I'll miss them both so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment