Saturday, October 3, 2009

Goodbye Curls (sniff, sniff)

I could have resisted a little longer...but really friends, it was time. Noah's sweet curls were so adorable (I'm almost crying as I write this). The reason Matt has been asking me to cut them for over a month...is that they only look like this...
right after his bath. They smooth themselves out and then it starts to look like he has a mullet. I'm sorry, I loved the curls too, but no child of mine will walk around with a mullet. So Noah had his first (okay, 4th - but first time I cut the back due to the curls) haircut. He was SO good. I snipped away with him in my lap while he ate some Kix and watched Mickey. And yes, this was very hard for me to do. But I did it and I can't undo it and if you give me a hard time about it I may fly into an emotional fit of hysteria (which I will blame on the pregnancy). So do not tell me that I shouldn't have cut his curls.
I go back and forth thinking that the haircut made him look younger and older. Above I think he looks younger. (And thanks for the shirt Aunt Rachel - Noah is definitely too cute to lock up).
Yes, I look crazy in this picture, but Noah looks super adorable and happy, so let's just focus on that.
And here' s another picture from this morning (oops, yes, that's 3 posts in 1 day folks, sorry - one day I will be better about this blogging thing). Noah was telling me about the birds...and he was pretty excited about them.
My sweet boy also likes to help me do the laundry. If throwing clean unfolded laundry on the floor and climbing on top of any remaining garments in the basket can be called helping that is.
Okay, this is a good example of him looking older with his new haircut. He's now 18 months old people! That's insanity! Look at him...oh I just want to go pick him up out of bed and hold him...he's growing up way too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaack! I don't see him for a month and he goes and grows a foot and about five years!! Geez. You need to talk to him about that....

    ReplyDelete